How to Find & Appraise a Plot
Next Course Dates: Saturday 26th May 2018
Where: Potton Self Build Show Centre, Mill Lane, Little Paxton, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 6EF
This extensive and informative one-day event, will give you all the advice and knowledge you need to find your ideal plot, and then how to appraise that plot. It will help provide you with the information you need to determine the suitability and overcome and possible obstacles.
Covering topics such as:
- Top tips for finding a plot - what is it that you are looking for? What else to consider.
- Is it a plot or not? - Village boundaries and fields.
- Managing risks
- Purchasing a plot
- Budget - What can you afford, what is the plot value and what sort of building costs would that entail.
- Design - Possible layout options, indentifying plot orientation and any restrictions. Choosing a design to fit the plot and your budget.
- Planning Permission - Does the plot have planning permission, was it granted on appeal, has it expired, surveys and assessments.
- Architectural Influence - Is the plot in a conservation area or AONB, local features and styles, building size and scale.
- Site Access - Public highway or private access, right of way, ransom strips, pavements and parking access.
- Legal Issues - Title and boundary ownership, footpaths, covenants and rights.
- Site Characteristics and Services - Site level, sun and shade areas, drains, exposure, services and cables.
- Ecology - Tree preservation orders, protected flora and fauna.
- Site - Ground conditions, site levels, reduced levels, engineering works, foundation types, ground water and flooding, contamination and obstructions, access and demolition.
SPEAK TO AN EXPERT
Following the event, there is the option to speak to one of our experts. If you would like to make an appointment, please mention to the member of staff who processes your booking as pre-booking is required.
From the event you will receive the following:
- Access to all course material, including a guide to finding land and appraising a plot and 1 months free subscription to Plotfinder.net
- Free copies of various Self Build Magazines
- Complimentary refreshments and buffet lunch
- Free tickets to an upcoming self build show
This event is supported by two fantastic books, 'How to find a building plot' and 'How to get planning permission' both of which will be on sale on the day.
09.30am - Arrival & refreshments
10.00am - Part 1
11.15am - Refreshment break
11.30am - Part 2
12.30pm - Lunch
13.15pm - Part 3
14.30pm - Browse the show homes / 1 to 1 appointments if pre booked
- Saturday 14th July
- Saturday 29th September
- Saturday 10th November